"Out there’s the Maze," Newt whispered, eyes wide as if in a trance. "Everything we do - our whole life, Greenie - revolves around the Maze. Every lovin’ second of every lovin’ day we spend in honour of the Maze, tryin to solve somethin’ that’s not shown us it has a bloody solution, ya know? And we want to show ya why it’s not to be messed with. Show ya why the buggin’ walls close shut every night. Show ya why you should never, never find your butt out there.”
When your teacher asks you why you don’t have a group partner
- Vicki: Damon was the one that turned Vicki, which led to her eventual death.
- Jenna: Damon killed the vampire Klaus was planning on using in the sacrifice, which led to him using Jenna as an alternative.
- Alaric: Damon killed Alaric multiple times while he was wearing the Gilbert ring, which was the reason he went crazy.
- Bonnie’s grandmother: Damon was the one who wanted the tomb open in the first place, despite being warned about it.
- Every awful thing I ever did is linked to her: Bullshit.
"You need to tell her how you feel. Just say it. Say it again. Say it differently. Learn how to say it better. Learn how to sing it. You know, just write it in a poem and a letter attached to flowers, carve it in a tree, in a sidewalk with cement, tattoo on your arm."
her philosophy on relationships: "People aren’t defined by their relationships. The whole point is being true to yourself and not losing yourself in relationships, whether romances or friendships."
why doesn’t school teach you actual life skills like how to meet rich businessmen